Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The treadmill of DOOM

I’ve been mad sick over the past week. Crazy, silly, wicked, mad, CRAZY sick yo. Like coughing up flemy blood sick. That kind of sick. SICK!

It started with a cough, then the congestion, then it just blew up – aches, pains, fever, chills – all the good stuff. I thought it might be the black death but my eyes didn’t start to bleed so I saw that as a positive and decided to fight through the pain. I’ve been on the mend since, and though I’m not even close to 100%, I’m 100% better than I was a few days ago.

So last night it was time to get back on the horse, and by horse I mean treadmill, and by treadmill I mean it’s too damn cold to even consider running outdoors right now. I planned for three or four miles which is typically my limit on one of those things. To me there are few things more miserable then treadmill running so even four miles is like walking the Cherokee trail of tears. But I was watching a basketball game and I refused to get off until it was over. Well the stupid game went into stupid overtime, and I was stuck. Then the time outs started. I don’t know how many time outs a basketball team gets but by my estimation it was between three and 40. The last five minutes of the game took forty F-ing minutes and when all was said and done I’d gone over 7 miles.

This is some kind of hellish record for me. I’m not sure I’ve ever gone over five on one of those and the net reaction is that’s the longest I will ever go. It’s outside for me tonight playa. Hitting the muckity muck out there in the slushy slush snow.

No comments: