Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Getting back in it JR

My running typically is short phases of briefly trying to get into shape, almost being in shape, just about to get to that point where I feel like I'm almost in shape, and then not running for three weeks while eatting lots of Whopper Juniors. And who can blame me? They're all kinds of delic... Over the last three years I've gone through this no less than 15 times all couples with a subsequent fall off that brings me back to ground zero. What can I say, the King is an SOB.

But in actuality it's actually one of the things that makes running fun - the fact I almost always suck at it. I can't imagine how mundane it would get if you topped out and knew you'd never gain a step.

I ran 7 miles tonight and I actually felt good for the first time in a while. Not sure what the NIKE+ said because I wasn't really paying attention but it was somewhere in the 6:40/mile range. Not flying but a decent clip and I wasn't pressing. Just slipping through it.

We'll see where this goes. I have a long way to go for a quick 5K. I have a long way to go for a sub 1:23. But through sheer apathy I can at least ensure that I'm not going to overtrain. And that within itself is worth some play on the BK value menu.

No comments: