Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hood To Coast Legs

As I've mentioned before I'll be running in Hood to Coast later this month, which is pretty much the dopest relay race in all the land. 12 people, 190 something miles, up a mountain, down a mountain, around a mountain - there's a coast of some type involved? I'm really not sure - I'm not a geographer. But I do know that it's one of the single coolest event a runner is likely to do - especially when it's free, because free things are rarely less than awesome.

And then I got my leg assignments - and holy F-ing A. I get hazing the new guy but this takes it to the next level.

I start off on leg 5 - it's classified as "Very Hard" and it basically starts off down a hill before climbing for the better part of 6 miles.

I get a break in the middle ("break")with leg 17 - a 5.69 leg that's flat as a Chinese gymnast.

Then I finish it off on a 6.14 jaunt on leg 29 where I run half the race directly up a mountain, and then drag my tired ass down trying as hard as possible not to fall on my face.

But again - it's Hood to Coast. I'd be willing to do it carrying an angry wolverine. Whatever dude. I'm out there to make it rain.

No comments: