Saturday, July 19, 2008

I need to not not blog less often

It’s ironic that the times that we need a run the most are often the opportunities we have the least time for it. The more stressed, and beat up, and frumpy we’re feeling the greater the tendency to push off the daily run for the next morning, which turns into that night, which becomes the next day, which turns into half past never. Which is where I find myself now…

Oh, BTW, my name is Paul. I blog here occasionally.

It’s been a while, but with the NYC Half Marathon next weekend, the Human Race a little over a month away, RUN NYC Run Club getting record numbers, the Runners’ Station’s new location driving more traffic than ever, the Hampton’s Marathon training runs going out of Gubbins Running Ahead every Sunday morning, among other things we have cooking, the Nike running world has been hectic as of late. And as work’s gotten crazy, I’ve been having trouble fitting in two consecutive fast steps let alone any decent mileage. With the miles has gone my health, my mood, and obviously my blogging.

So sitting in my office at midnight last night I decided to drop everything and just put in some miles. I went out way to fast. Ran way longer than I wanted to. And it was great. I woke up this morning and it was the first time in a month that I didn’t fear I was going to be dead by sundown.

Moral of the story? Running is good. Blogging about running is good. Being in the office to midnight on a Thursday is bad. Bad isn’t good.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'll be volunteering for the half-marathon... hope to see you there!